Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Patience, Please!

I sit here listening to the rain drizzling down and wonder at all the ills of the world. But for my little corner of this world my biggest issue at the moment is our still unrepaired downstairs bedroom. You all know the one! Anyway, tonight Bruce and I are going to begin tackling once again this elephant in the room. You all would be proud of me! Yesterday, we were discussing moving forward on this project and Bruce told me he had painted a small place on the ceiling with spray paint. He thought it looked okay, but would I go get a different color (ivory) in a flat finish. He used white in a gloss finish and didn't like it so much. So, chanting my mantra "Rise Above, Rise Above" I said sure I could do that while I was out and about. So I get a can of Ivory Flat Finish Spray paint. When he got home we did another test area. It was waaaaay to yellow, so we agreed, (amazing, I know) that a white in a flat finish would work okay.

So I am about to head out to Wally World and exchange the paint. Tonight the plan is to sand down all the walls from ceiling to floor. Yes, I said all the walls. Why, because silly me painted them with a semi-gloss paint that last time. And according to Mr. Bruce the flat finish paint will not stick to the wall because of the semi-gloss paint. Hmmm, not that I know anything, but on several of the HGTV shows I know I have seen them paint over paint before and it looked fine to me. But again what do I know. Now mind you, my gorgeous son-in-law, you know the one, Mr. Painting Perfection --- he was consulted and said this was not necessary, but gee what does he know, he just paints for a living. I think I will call Sherwin Williams to verify this process, just on principal.

Anyway, after sanding we will be spray painting from cans the entire popcorn ceiling. So again, please everyone, pray for patience for me tonight. If you hear a loud boom coming from the south, you will know things did not go so well.

Once again the mantra for all is ----- "Rise Above, Rise Above!'

3 comments:

Nikki said...

You do so well Rising Above and just think of the finished product. I have had to remind myself patience even on this trip.
Love YA!

Michelle said...

Just remember this: "My name is Inigio Montoya......."

a chick named Toni... said...

Michelle...Princess Bride!!!!!