Thursday, December 11, 2008

Decorated --- Not So Much!

Well, this year Christmas has NOT "thrown up" up at the Bessey residence. I was very, very restrained in my holiday decorations this year. It's hard to do that, but easy too, knowing that I got it done, in a day, and that taking it down will go fairly easily too. However, when I look at all the boxes, bins and totes of things I did NOT put out this year, it hurts my heart, just a little, thinking of all my little treasures that are locked away this year. It's hard, but I am adjusting.

Of course, even though it basically went up in a day, the fine tuning of things has taken a couple extra days. Of course, one strand on my mantle gardland lights went out. Could I find another small strand to replace that one, nooooo. So I trip to Walmart and find a 300 light strand. Get it home, plug it in, the first 50 lights don't light up! Arrggghhhh! I made it work but boy is that frustrating.

I updated my Christmas tree skirt this year. When we first got married, probably the second year we were married, I did a cream muslin embroidered tree skirt. It has really neat detailing on it, I think. However, the edging was tinsely gold metallic stuff, which I never liked. But finally this year, I bought some cool fringe that really looks nice on the skirt. It updated it quite nicely. And only cost $7.00. Yea! I wish I knew how to add photos in here so you all could see. Maybe someone will enlighten me please!

We pretty much have Christmas done for the kids, just have to actually go get them bought and wrapped. I am going to have Bruce go with me just to actually see the crowds and know from his own eyes why I hate Christmas shopping. Because of course if I said it was really a madhouse, would he believe ME!!

Work is going well. Christmas hours are in effect and they have not been bad. This is not bad, not bad at all! Even better, a two week paycheck at still under 40 hours a week --- almost $1000!!!! That will allow me to get you all something "real" nice! Click Click! (Hint: Name that movie!)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Or would pay for a road trip to....oooh....I don't know.....the Hoosier State!

Sarah :) said...

Well at least you HAVE decorations up! I feel like December is just flying by!

a chick named Toni... said...

We just put our Christmas tree up tonight and I will finish putting a few things upstairs tomorrow but I am just not in the most festive mood. I don't know why, it's weird.
I will email you instructions on how to upload pictures to your blog if you would like. BUT with one condition. You have to start commenting on my blog. You can't just stalk me. I get no satisfaction out of that!