Saturday, November 22, 2008

Things ---

Well life is hitting a new pattern in my house. Only to change at the drop of a day. But I am rolling along with it fairly well, I think. Again everyone knows my mantra for this year. It is what it is!

I have settled into a schedule somewhat at work. It is going well. I think I will like it just fine. And you know what, it's a job. Right now that is the important thing. It was amazing getting my first paycheck. I made as much work 46 hours at my new job as I did working 70 hours, yes count them 70 hours at SBG. Simply amazing. So needless to say, I think I can make this adjustment quite easily! Yes sir!

Bruce and I are still trying to complete the downstairs bedroom/closet project. The bedroom is done, the closet is still in stages. Clearing out, patching walls, removing shelving and painting have all been completed. We have even actually agreed with very little outside intervention on how to layout the new closet system. I don't think I will tempt fate yet and go to Lowe's together to get it just yet. You all do remember, we have had 2 serious meltdowns in Lowes and they have banned us from shopping together. My plan is to get the shelving next week, so then it should be fairly simple. But again remember, we are dealing with Mr. Perfection here!

Bruce is playing golf - can you believe - this weather. Brrrrr! I just finished up a Christmas project for Alicia. Snapfish had a special for Oprah viewers. A free 20-page photo book. I did one for her from last Christmas. Her first Christmas "home" with Rob and Elijah. I think it turned out really well. I am anxious to see the book "live". I don't know how much I will get into that kind of scrapbooking. I found it very limiting. Not so many paper choices. The photo layouts did not allow manipulation of the photos, so it was a bit of a struggle. But I got a 32-page book for $20, including tax and shipping. So great deal for hopefully a really awesome keepsake.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

I am glad that you are getting used to your schedule. We need to get together soon.

a chick named Toni... said...

Hey guess what? I saw those hangers you were telling me about at Target! I almost bought some just because you loved them so much!

I am glad work is going good. Can't beat the pay can you?

I want to make one of those books for my mom in-law for Christmas! You just reminded me of that! I would love to see yours!

Krissy said...

So...working with you I remember you always making obscure movie references that I never knew. And when you did it in your blog here now, I thought "yay! now I have google search at my fingertips, I'll always be able to find out what she's talking about!!!" I was wrong. :( And that makes me sad. LOL I hope you guys are having a wonderful holiday season!