Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Bruce Christmas Everyone!

That is the Bessey version of Merry Christmas! You all know the story, so I won't repeat it. But anyway, I do wish everyone a Merry Christmas and may they enjoy this wonderful holiday with those they love. Christmas celebrating will be one day late for us this year. Alicia and Rob will be in on 12/26 at 11:30AM --- God willing and the weather holds everywhere so they can fly safely. They will be here until New Years Day, so we are going to have a great time, just "chilaxin'" as Alicia and Rob say. Lots of time just being together. Yeaaaa!

Tonight Heath is coming over, I am making meatloaf. Tomorrow I will do a Ham for the three of us. Friday it's going to be steaks on the grill. The weather forecast says it's going to be 61 degrees. Hopefully that is correct. Otherwise, Bruce is going to get pretty cold doing those steaks! Saturday is soup and brisket sandwiches at Bryan & Vics. Sunday my brother Steve and his family are coming down from Abilene. A big pot of Red Beans and Rice with cornbreat are the plan for that day. Monday night we are having Mama Lu over for lasagna. Tuesday we are going out to Bella Luna for dinner. We love that place. If you have never been, make a trip. It is wonderful. I can personally speak for the Pomatini's. Wednesday we are going to have Shrimp Spinach Salad. New Year's Day is going to be Fried Turkey.
It sounds like a lot of cooking, but really it will be fine. I am going to be off while everyone is home, so it will be fun.

I have to wrap a few things and then we are really ready for Santa.

I wish you all the happiest holiday you can have. And if that doesn't work --- try a Pomatini or two --- it will blur the edges just enough that you won't care!

Love you all!

3 comments:

Krissy said...

Merry Christmas Mary! I pray they make it in safe and on time! I hope you all have a very blessed Christmas!

Michelle said...

Bruce Christmas to you too! I hope the weather holds and they get in on time and safely! Enjoy your time because as you know it goes waaaaaay too fast! Miss ya!

a chick named Toni... said...

Wow that sounds like a lot of fun and it is so nice that you will be off the whole time they are here that is so wonderful! Your dinner menus sound so wonderful! You are such a good cook so my mouth is waterin'!

Merry Christmas my friend. My God bless you all!